Is there anything I can do to help get this fixed? It's a big deal for
me, even with "quiet splash" removed from the grub options. I have
several encrypted partitions. On boot, I get a password prompt for the
root partition and the boot proceeds for a while. Then I get password
prompts for each other partition separately. Sometimes it works, but
sometimes it sits there waiting for 1 minute 30 seconds on some task. I
think it's something like "x2d-dev-mapper", but I don't have it written
down. If I see the wait message at all, the boot fails and I get dropped
into emergency mode. It might not happen if I type in the passwords fast
enough, but I'm not entirely sure.

Before this bug, I only had to type the password once (it's the same for
all the partitions) and it would always succeed.

Packages, which is subscribed to nvidia-graphics-drivers-367 in Ubuntu.

  Boot splash with luks password prompt broken after nvidia upgrade to
  367

Status in nvidia-graphics-drivers-367 package in Ubuntu:

  Just got the nvidia driver update from 361 to 367. Upon reboot, the
  boot splash (plymouth?) with the password prompt for the encrypted
  root is missing.

  The screen flashes dark purple and the switches to black with a
  blinking cursor echoing anything typed. Ctrl-alt-del reboots. Booting
  with kernel options "quiet splash" removed results in a text-mode boot
  process where the password prompt is present, proceeding normally.

  Wasn't sure if this was plymouth or nvidia issue, I'm guessing nvidia
  because that's what upgraded and broke functionality.

  Tried redoing update-grub and update-initramfs, didn't help. Found I
  had both nvidia-361 and nvidia-367 installed (why didn't -361
  uninstall?), but manually removing -361 (and redoing initramfs just in
  case) didn't change anything.

  Package: nvidia-367 367.57-0ubuntu0.16.04.1
  NonfreeKernelModules: zfs zunicode zcommon znvpair zavl nvidia_uvm nvidia_drm
nvidia_modeset nvidia
  ApportVersion: 2.20.1-0ubuntu2.1
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: Unity
  Date: Thu Nov  3 17:45:14 2016
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS "Xenial Xerus" - Release amd64
(20160719)
  SourcePackage: nvidia-graphics-drivers-367