Thanks Brian for the suggestion.

Sorry, the only "package" that I can guess that it could be xorg. I have
attempted to get help in the IRC chat at FreeNode, but instead I got
just questions. I asked for assistance to identify a package name three
times during a 30 minute session and got no help. So, I'm stuck.

If Ubuntu 16.04 includes the Intel driver and, I've insured that the
driver is correct and, loaded using the Intel Graphics Tool and, checked
the status above ... I don't know what else to do.

Packages, which is subscribed to xorg in Ubuntu.

  No HDMI output after upgrade to 16.04!

Status in xorg package in Ubuntu:

  Running Ubuntu 16.04 64bit, 4.4.8 Kernel on an ASUS Trio with IntelĀ® Haswell
graphics card and using i915 driver. After upgrade there is no HDMI output to
the external screen that I use daily.
  I did the following:
  - Upgraded to  4.4.8 Kernel hoping that the issue would be resolved.
  - Checked for other reports of this issue and followed advise to use NVIDIA
364 drivers.
  - Checked Intel for the most recent driver which is already packaged with
16.04;  it is the i915 driver which is in use.
  - Used Intel driver update tool to ensure that update is correct.
  - Purchased a HDMI adapter to use mini-display port; works and reports HDMI1
is in use, but HDMI2 is not recognized (when monitor is plugged in to HDMI2)
  - Someone has assisted and has confirmed that there seems to be no hardware
issues.