Thanks for taking the time to report this bug and helping to make Ubuntu
better. We appreciate the difficulties you are facing, but this appears
to be a "regular" (non-security) bug.  I have unmarked it as a security
issue since this bug does not show evidence of allowing attackers to
cross privilege boundaries nor directly cause loss of data/privacy.
Please feel free to report any other bugs you may find.

** Information type changed from Public Security to Public

Packages, which is subscribed to unity-control-center in Ubuntu.

  keyboard setting interferes with all other shortcuts

Status in unity-control-center package in Ubuntu:

  Security-related part of the issue:
  After going into 'system settings > keyboard > shortcuts > typing', and
changing the 'compose key' setting from 'Disabled' to 'Left Control', it messes
up ALL keyboard shortcuts in ALL windows. This means that I cannot terminate a
command in terminal (because the only way to terminate something is to hit
control+c). This is a security risk because if I need something to terminate, I
can't terminate it. I also cannot lock this computer using control + alt + l.

  the general issue:
  I cannot use this operating system without a mouse, after doing thing change
in settings. All operating systems should be usable by keyboard alone. After
changing this setting, I should be able to use other keyboard shortcuts (like
SUPER (dash) and alt + tab (switch windows), especially since they're not
associated with the control key).

  The compose key doesn't even work, with the setting 'left control'.
  The user SHOULD have the liberty to choose whatever key combination
  configuration they please (instead of being confined to the limited
  drop-down options). If you can't get the key combination thing to
  work, you should try adding an option for something like 'left control
  + left shift' for the compose key combination.

  Also, I keep my keyboard scroll lock turned on (so my keyboard will
  light up), but after changing this setting it turned off, and I could
  not turn it back on by pressing the scroll lock button (I do this by
  typing "xmodmap -e 'add mod3 = Scroll_Lock'" in terminal every time I
  restart my computer and login, then pressing the scroll lock key on my
  keyboard).

  information:

  results from typing 'lsb_release -rd':
  Release:      16.04

  results from typing 'apt-cache policy unity-control-center':
  unity-control-center:
    Installed: 15.04.0+16.04.20160705-0ubuntu1
    Candidate: 15.04.0+16.04.20160705-0ubuntu1
    Version table:
   *** 15.04.0+16.04.20160705-0ubuntu1 500
          500 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial-updates/main amd64
Packages
          100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
       15.04.0+16.04.20160413-0ubuntu1 500
          500 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial/main amd64 Packages

  results from typing 'sudo dmidecode -t 2':
  # dmidecode 3.0
  Getting SMBIOS data from sysfs.
  SMBIOS 2.7 present.

  Handle 0x0002, DMI type 2, 15 bytes
  Base Board Information
        Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
        Product Name: 970A-UD3P
        Version: x.x
        Serial Number: To be filled by O.E.M.
        Asset Tag: To be filled by O.E.M.
        Features:
                Board is a hosting board
                Board is replaceable
        Location In Chassis: To be filled by O.E.M.
        Chassis Handle: 0x0003
        Type: Motherboard
        Contained Object Handles: 0

  my processor (after typing 'lscpu'):
  Architecture:          x86_64
  CPU op-mode(s):        32-bit, 64-bit
  Byte Order:            Little Endian
  CPU(s):                8
  On-line CPU(s) list:   0-7
  Thread(s) per core:    2
  Core(s) per socket:    4
  Socket(s):             1
  NUMA node(s):          1
  Vendor ID:             AuthenticAMD
  CPU family:            21
  Model:                 2
  Model name:            AMD FX(tm)-8320 Eight-Core Processor
  Stepping:              0
  CPU MHz:               1400.000
  CPU max MHz:           3500.0000
  CPU min MHz:           1400.0000
  BogoMIPS:              7032.84
  Virtualization:        AMD-V
  L1d cache:             16K
  L1i cache:             64K
  L2 cache:              2048K
  L3 cache:              8192K
  NUMA node0 CPU(s):     0-7
  Flags:                 fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge
mca cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 ht syscall nx mmxext fxsr_opt
pdpe1gb rdtscp lm constant_tsc rep_good nopl nonstop_tsc extd_apicid aperfmperf
pni pclmulqdq monitor ssse3 fma cx16 sse4_1 sse4_2 popcnt aes xsave avx f16c
lahf_lm cmp_legacy svm extapic cr8_legacy abm sse4a misalignsse 3dnowprefetch
osvw ibs xop skinit wdt lwp fma4 tce nodeid_msr tbm topoext perfctr_core
perfctr_nb cpb hw_pstate vmmcall bmi1 arat npt lbrv svm_lock nrip_save
tsc_scale vmcb_clean flushbyasid decodeassists pausefilter pfthreshold

  Package: unity-control-center 15.04.0+16.04.20160705-0ubuntu1
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia_uvm nvidia_drm nvidia_modeset nvidia
  ApportVersion: 2.20.1-0ubuntu2.1
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: Unity
  Date: Fri Nov 25 21:48:40 2016
  ExecutablePath: /usr/bin/unity-control-center
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS "Xenial Xerus" - Release amd64
(20160719)
  ProcEnviron:
   PATH=(custom, user)
   SHELL=/bin/bash