This bug was fixed in the package gnome-software - 3.20.1+git20161013.0
gnome-software (3.20.1+git20161013.0.d77d6cf-0ubuntu2~xenial1) xenial;
* New upstream snapshot from the wip/ubuntu branch at
- Use snapd-glib to perform snapd login. This fixes non-root access being
removed in snapd. (LP: #1616943)
- Show screenshots for snaps (requires snapd 2.15.2) (LP: #1603610)
- Set snap summary from snapd response (LP: #1629456)
- Don't show terminal for graphical apps (LP: #1595023)
- Build-depend on libsnapd-glib-dev
- Build with --enable-snap
-- Robert Ancell <robert.anc...@canonical.com> Wed, 23 Nov 2016
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-software in Ubuntu.
Can't auth against U1 in g-s
Status in gnome-software package in Ubuntu:
Status in snapd-glib package in Ubuntu:
Status in gnome-software source package in Xenial:
Status in snapd-glib source package in Xenial:
Status in gnome-software source package in Yakkety:
Authentication using Ubuntu One credentials to install/remove snaps always
fails. This is due to a behaviour change in snapd (no longer accepts login
requests from non-root users). Existing credentials continue to work.
1. Delete any existing credentials by deleting passwords marked
"com.ubuntu.UbuntuOne.GnomeSoftware" using Seahorse.
2. Start GNOME Software
3. Search for a snap (e.g. "moon-buggy")
4. Install Snap
5. Enter Ubuntu One credentials when prompted
Dialog says "Incorrect email or password".
Authentication completes and the snap is installed.
The solution is to use a new D-Bus service (snapd-login-service) and new
library (snapd-glib) to get the Macaroon from snapd. This has some risk of
introducing new bugs. The change is minimised (other snapd code paths
unchanged) and the alternative is login to be impossible.
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to : firstname.lastname@example.org
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp