** Changed in: ghostscript (Ubuntu)
Status: In Progress => Fix Released
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to ghostscript in Ubuntu.
ghostscript (9.19~dfsg-3.1) fixes 6 CVEs
Status in ghostscript package in Ubuntu:
There is a Debian update to ghostscript that fixes several CVEs
including a quite serious remote shell execution issue
ghostscript (9.19~dfsg-3.1) unstable; urgency=medium
* Non-maintainer upload.
* CVE-2013-5653: Information disclosure through getenv, filenameforall
* CVE-2016-7976: Various userparams allow %pipe% in paths, allowing remote
shell command execution (Closes: #839260)
* CVE-2016-7977: .libfile doesn't check PermitFileReading array, allowing
remote file disclosure (Closes: #839841)
* CVE-2016-7978: reference leak in .setdevice allows use-after-free and
remote code execution (Closes: #839845)
* CVE-2016-7979: type confusion in .initialize_dsc_parser allows remote code
execution (Closes: #839846)
* CVE-2016-8602: check for sufficient params in .sethalftone5 and param
types (Closes: #840451)
* Add 840691-Fix-.locksafe.patch patch.
Fixes regression seen with zathura and evince. Fix .locksafe. We need to
.forceput the defintion of getenv into systemdict.
Thanks to Edgar Fuß <e...@math.uni-bonn.de>
-- Salvatore Bonaccorso <car...@debian.org> Thu, 27 Oct 2016
I can't tell if this is in progress, but it's been a few weeks.
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to : email@example.com
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp