Hi Nikita, what you call gobbledygook is partition UUID it seems, which is
strange. Could it be because those partitions have no label?

I see only partition labels as expected (for both internal and external,
mounted and unmounted, drives) under Ubuntu 16.10 64-bit ( I tend to make sure
that everyone is labelled properly ;-)

Packages, which is subscribed to glib2.0 in Ubuntu.

  Files in the root of a folder on another partition symlinked to user's
  home cannot be moved to trash because of a patch in this package

Status in glib2.0 package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in glib2.0 source package in Xenial:
  Confirmed
Status in glib2.0 source package in Yakkety:
  Fix Committed

Bug description:
  [ Description ]

  Can't trash files if the directory they are in is a symlink to another
  device

  [ QA ]

  Steps:
  1. Install system and partition disk into root and data partitions
  2. create ~/Data folder, and mount data partition on it
  3. create symlinks for ~/whatever/ to ~/Data/something/
  4. delete files directly inside ~/whatever/

  What happen:
  Then Nautilus says: "File can't be put in the trash. Do you want to delete it
immediately?".

  What should happen:
  The files moved into Trash.

  [ Regression potential ]

  The proposed fix uses g_stat instead of g_stat to follow symlinks, so
  we know where to place the trash (you can't rename() across
  filesystems). If that is wrong, then it could regress trashing other
  kinds of files.

  [ Original ]

  I'm on Ubuntu 16.10 64-bit with libglib2.0-0 version 2.50.0-1.

  I've reported this bug (or marked as "it affects me") in a couple of
  other places before I've finally discovered that this is the package
  that's causing this problem, which unfortunately has been around for a
  couple of years now.

  This bug has been reported upstream as well, but it's just taking very
  very long to arrive at a decision and take action it seems.

  Apparently one of the patches
  (https://sources.debian.net/patches/glib2.0/2.50.1-1/0001-Fix-
  trashing-on-overlayfs.patch/) which is here

(https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+archive/primary/+files/glib2.0_2.50.0-1.debian.tar.xz)
  to the original package which is here

(https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+archive/primary/+files/glib2.0_2.50.0.orig.tar.xz)
  is the root cause of this annoying problem.

  As I prefer keeping one patition for the root filesystem (/), one
  partition for user settings (/home) and one partition for user data
  (Documents, Downloads, Drive, Music, Pictures, Public, Videos) which
  are simply symlinked to my home folder for ease of use, I cannot move
  any file to the trash in the root of these folders when I access them
  from my home folder or nautilus sidebar.

  This problem doesn't affect folders at all, nor any other files in
  subfolders, etc.

  So I was wondering if Ubuntu devs can leave out that particular patch
  when building this package for Ubuntu - if it doesn't cause more harm,
  which I doubt.

  Otherwise, I would appreciate if I could learn how to do it myself:
  how can I (as an end-user) compile the contents of
  "glib2.0_2.50.0.orig.tar.xz" with all the patches, etc. in
  "glib2.0_2.50.0-1.debian.tar.xz" except "0001-Fix-trashing-on-
  overlayfs.patch"?