Thank you for taking the time to report this bug and helping to make
Ubuntu better. This particular bug has already been reported and is a
duplicate of bug 49579, so it is being marked as such.

This is a fundamental bug in the design of X11 and cannot be easily
fixed within X11.

You should manually lock your screen if a locked session is important to
you.

Please continue to report any other bugs you may find.

** Information type changed from Public Security to Public

** Changed in: gnome-screensaver (Ubuntu)

   screen doesn't lock when some menu is open

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-screensaver in Ubuntu.

  Virtual Box gives the user a few seconds to do stuff before locking

Status in gnome-screensaver package in Ubuntu:

  I had a Windows 10 image running on Virtual Box, and I restarted the
  Windows 10 image on virtual box, and left the computer (host and
  guest) alone. When I came back, my monitors were turned off (like, in
  sleep mode) like they were in sleep mode. When I typed in a few keys
  to get everything to wake up again, I was typing into my Windows 10
  image my account password. But then, I moved my mouse over to the
  other monitor (the host OS - Ubuntu Linux LTS 16.04), and started
  doing stuff on my web browser (Google Chrome), a few seconds after,
  the screen locked (almost like if the computer has a brain fart and
  was like "oh shit, this was supposed to be locked. Let me fix my
  mistake.") and I had to type in the password for the host operating
  system.

  Doesn't this mean that the user had a few unauthorized seconds to do
  stuff on the host OS, before being locked out?

  Hopefully I explained this well.

  Package: gnome-screensaver 3.6.1-7ubuntu4
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia_uvm nvidia_drm nvidia_modeset nvidia
  ApportVersion: 2.20.1-0ubuntu2.4
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: Unity
  Date: Sun Dec 18 22:31:30 2016
  GnomeSessionIdleInhibited: No
  GnomeSessionInhibitors: None
  GsettingsGnomeSession:
   org.gnome.desktop.session session-name 'ubuntu'
   org.gnome.desktop.session idle-delay uint32 300
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS "Xenial Xerus" - Release amd64
(20160719)
  SourcePackage: gnome-screensaver
  Symptom: security
  Title: Screen locking issue