** Changed in: canonical-devices-system-image
     Assignee: John McAleely (john.mcaleely) => (unassigned)

  [touch] Internet connection stops working while WiFi is still
  connected

Status in Canonical System Image:
  Incomplete
Status in network-manager package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  krillin, rc-proposed, r329

  It often happens that the internet connection stops working while the device
is still connected to a (working) WiFi AP.
  The indicator shows that the phone is connected to the AP, here's the ouput
of "nmcli d" and "nmcli c" http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/16344985/

  Tapping on the AP in the network indicator resets the connection and
  fixes the issue, which however reappears after a while.

  Here's also a "grep NetworkManager" from syslog
  http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/16344990/

  How to reproduce:
  I don't have a recipe, but here's what usually happens on my phone
  1) I connect to the office WiFi (Canonical's HQ, BlueFin office)
  2) Use browser, perform random google searches to check internet is working
  3) After a while (sometimes I put the phone to sleep, sometimes I checked the
Updates from system settings a few times), I go back to the browser, and it
starts returning "Network Error". NM, as you can see from the logs, says WiFi
is "connected"
  4) At this point I use Terminal app and discover that "ping 8.8.8.8" is
working correctly, "ping google.com" immediately returns "unkown host", i.e. it
doesn't seem to be waiting for a timeout, it returns pretty fast.

  There are no related crash files in /var/crash