CurrentDesktop: GNOME
Date: Sun Jan  8 11:13:00 2017
InstallationMedia: Ubuntu-GNOME 15.10 "Wily Werewolf" - Release amd64 (20151021)
SourcePackage: gnome-terminal
UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to yakkety on 2016-10-19 (80 days ago)

** Affects: ubuntu-gnome

** Affects: gnome-shell (Ubuntu)

** Affects: gnome-terminal (Ubuntu)

** Tags: amd64 apport-bug gnome3-ppa gnome3-staging third-party-packages
wayland-session yakkety

** Also affects: gnome-shell (Ubuntu)

** Also affects: gnome-terminal (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-terminal in Ubuntu.

  gnome-terminal launches new windows rather than focusing on already
  open ones under Wayland

Status in Ubuntu GNOME:
Status in gnome-terminal package in Ubuntu:

  For some strange reason after switching from Xorg to Wayland under
  Ubuntu GNOME 16.10 with GNOME 3.22, when I click on the docked gnome-
  terminal icon in the dock I find that if a Terminal window is already
  open, or even multiple already, instead of just going to one of the
  existing ones as one would expect it to do, it opens a new Terminal
  window and acts as if none were open already. If one is to carry on
  clicking it it will open many many more Terminal windows, it may then
  randomly stop this strange behaviour and just focus on one of the
  already open ones. Though when it decides to go back to normal appears
  to be completely random. I have not found this issue with any other of
  my applications, just gnome-terminal.

  Package: gnome-terminal 3.22.1-1ubuntu0~yakkety1 [origin:
LP-PPA-gnome3-team-gnome3-staging]
  ApportVersion: 2.20.3-0ubuntu8.2
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: GNOME