Public bug reported:

My desktop is Unity. I use two keyboard layouts (English and Russian). In the
control center I setup individual layout for each window, new windows uses
default layout. But when I press Super-Space in the browser then layout is
globally changed (for all application). I try to change options, reboot, but no
any change in behaviour.
Configured IM is xim (due to pgAdmin3 bug). But IBus has same problem.

$ cat /etc/os-release
NAME="Ubuntu"
VERSION="16.04.1 LTS (Xenial Xerus)"
ID=ubuntu
ID_LIKE=debian
PRETTY_NAME="Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS"
VERSION_ID="16.04"
HOME_URL="http://www.ubuntu.com/";
SUPPORT_URL="http://help.ubuntu.com/";
BUG_REPORT_URL="http://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/";
VERSION_CODENAME=xenial
UBUNTU_CODENAME=xenial

** Affects: unity-control-center (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to unity-control-center in Ubuntu.

  Per-windows keyboard layout does not work

Status in unity-control-center package in Ubuntu: