** Attachment added: "Xorg.0.log"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xserver-xorg-video-ati/+bug/378958/+attachment/4803585/+files/Xorg.0.log

Packages, which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-ati in Ubuntu.

  xorg 100% cpu when scrolling in rdesktop

Status in xserver-xorg-video-ati package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  After upgrading from Ubuntu 8.10 to 9.04, my rdesktops to Windows servers are
unusable.
  Screen refreshes inside rdesktop are awfully slow. Scrolling a logfile causes
xorg to take 100% cpu.

  I'm using Ubuntu 9.04 as default as possible, no xorg.conf editing or
  other vga drivers.

  I have a ThinkPad Z60m with an ATI x600 mobility:
  root@tp:~# lspci |grep -i vga
  01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc M24 1P [Radeon
Mobility X600]

  Very easy to reproduce with default settings:
  - launch laptop from Ubuntu 9.04 live cd
  - open rdesktop or tsclient to a Windows machine
  - open a large logfile or a putty window
  - watch how the screen in building up line per line, slowing down even more
near the buttom of the screen

  I tested other ThinkPads with other vga cards, they don't have this issue.
  - Z61m with ATI x1400 = ok
  - R61 with nVidia = ok

  A few more observations:
  - 2D and 3D in Ubuntu works fine with the new default driver (great job :-)
  - Visual Effects (Compiz?) work fine, on 'normal' and even 'extra', but have
no effect on the reported issue. I always disable the visial effects.
  - scrolling in other applications works fine and fast (FF3, gedit,
terminal,...)
  - I use rdesktop in a windowed mode (1280x960), RDPv5
  - I tried rdesktop bitmap caching enable/disable, same for both
  - when I launch a Windows RDP inside my rdesktop, this 2nd RDP does NOT
suffer the same problem