Thanks for your comments. This does not appear to be a bug report and we
are closing it. We appreciate the difficulties you are facing, but it
would make more sense to raise your question in the support tracker.
Please visit https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+addquestion

** Information type changed from Private Security to Public

** Changed in: gnome-screensaver (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-screensaver in Ubuntu.

  Screen not locked when coming out of suspend/hibernate. Requests
  password later, but can be bypassed.

Status in gnome-screensaver package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  I had system passworded. I removed the password to do some long work.
  I reinstated the password.
  System does not require password on reboot or coming out of suspend/hibernate.
  When it does request the password, I can bypass the request.

  Package: gnome-screensaver 3.6.1-7ubuntu4
  ApportVersion: 2.20.1-0ubuntu2.4
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: Unity
  Date: Tue Jan 17 11:07:36 2017
  GnomeSessionIdleInhibited: No
  GnomeSessionInhibitors: None
  GsettingsGnomeSession:
   org.gnome.desktop.session session-name 'ubuntu'
   org.gnome.desktop.session idle-delay uint32 300
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 12.10 "Quantal Quetzal" - Release amd64 (20121017.5)
  ProcEnviron:
   LANGUAGE=en_US
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set>
   LANG=en_US.UTF-8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  SourcePackage: gnome-screensaver
  Symptom: security
  Title: Screen not locked when coming out of suspend/hibernate
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to xenial on 2016-08-02 (167 days ago)