Weird. I just upgraded to Zesty. Firefox now seems to autodetect changes
in the pixel scaling (no restart needed), but it rounds again to
integers >.<

Packages, which is subscribed to thunderbird in Ubuntu.

  pixel scaling seems to be rounded to integers

Status in Mozilla Firefox:
  Confirmed
Status in Mozilla Thunderbird:
  New
Status in firefox package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in thunderbird package in Ubuntu:

  Firefox adapts its highdpi settings to the value in unity-control-
  center.

  However, right now I have it set to 1.5 and firefox seems to scale it
  to 2.0. I.e. everything is much bigger than it should be.

  If I set devPixelsPerPx to 1.5 manually everything looks fine. So
  there must be some bug in firefox that is reading this value as an
  integer.