** Tags added: security

** Tags removed: security
** Tags added: startx

** Tags added: security tty

Packages, which is subscribed to xorg in Ubuntu.

  x crashes when I log in and back out of a tty (console, cntrl-alt-F2
  thing, whatever)

Status in xorg package in Ubuntu:

  Observed behavior:

  When I get an alternate tty, or whatever it's called, with cntrl-alt-
  FN, where N is any digit, 2-6, inclusive; log in as the same user on
  the console; do stuff; and then log out with "exit":

  I'm suddenly back in tty1 and X has crashed. There is no x on any
  console. I can start it again with startx.

  Expected behavior:

  As it does in 14.04, I should just get a login prompt and stay in the
  same console. X running in tty1 should be unaffected, like x in tty7
  would be unaffected in Trusty.

  This is 64 bit Xenial with a minimalist Openbox environment, built from the
mini.iso. I start X with "startx".