A patch which might fix this issue, too, is available at 1659988.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/firefox/+bug/1659988

Everyone affected, please give it a try and report back.

I think it should fix your issues too.

@Maintainers: This issue might duplicate

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/firefox/+bug/1659922 and
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/firefox/+bug/1643200

or vice versa.

I'm optimistic that 1659988 fixes all of these apparmor related issues
(which is the reason I encourage everyone affected to try it out).

  Web pages not rendering with e10s enabled and AppArmor profile in
  enforce mode

Status in firefox package in Ubuntu:

  STR:
  0. Enable enforce mode for the Firefox app-armor profile: sudo aa-enforce
usr.bin.firefox
  1. Open Firefox 49 with clean profile (or force-enable e10s as per
https://wiki.mozilla.org/Electrolysis#Force_Enable and restart Firefox)
  2. Go to any site

  What happens: The site loads but the content is rendered blank. The
  page is loaded properly since I can hover over (invisible) links and
  see the cursor change & the address to be shown in the bottom of the
  window.

  What should happen: The site is rendered properly.

  This is related to e10s and the default AppArmor profile shipped with
  firefox.

  See the attached screenshot for how the first-run page looks like with
  a clean profile, e10s and AppArmor enabled.

  Package: firefox 49.0+build4-0ubuntu0.16.04.1
  AddonCompatCheckDisabled: False
  ApportVersion: 2.20.1-0ubuntu2.1
  Architecture: amd64
  BuildID: 20160920074044
  Channel: Unavailable
  CurrentDesktop: Unity
  Date: Sat Sep 24 07:38:09 2016
  DefaultProfileExtensions: extensions.sqlite corrupt or missing
  DefaultProfileIncompatibleExtensions: Unavailable (corrupt or non-existant
compatibility.ini or extensions.sqlite)
  DefaultProfileLocales: extensions.sqlite corrupt or missing
  DefaultProfilePlugins: Shockwave Flash -
/usr/lib/adobe-flashplugin/libflashplayer.so (adobe-flashplugin)
  DefaultProfilePrefSources: prefs.js
  DefaultProfileThemes: extensions.sqlite corrupt or missing
  ForcedLayersAccel: False
  RunningIncompatibleAddons: False
  SourcePackage: firefox