Are you serious? This means that all Python GTK applications that wants
to use trees or lists will have to be rewritten? And this would have
rather massive impact on large lists, wouldn't it?

Packages, which is subscribed to gtk+3.0 in Ubuntu.

  gtk_list_store_reorder() is not introspectable

Status in “gtk+3.0” package in Ubuntu:

  gi.overrides.Gtk.ListStore has no attribute .reorder. Porting a PyGTK
  app to GI GTK3, I found that sorting a TreeView is no longer possible
  because GTK.ListStore doesn't provide a .reorder method. Reading the
  source code, I found that pygobject indeed doesn't have any override
  for .reorder. This is the source code I'm talking about:
  http://git.gnome.org/browse/pygobject/tree/gi/overrides/Gtk.py

  This is something I can't fix, but since it's likely that many Python
  GTK apps use TreeViews, it'd be very nice if a wizard could have a
  look at this ASAP.