Public bug reported:

It's high time that Ubuntu went back to syncing from unstable after
veering off into Debian experimental space which the Debian Maintainer
has expressly condemned several times in this tracker.  Unfortunately,
that won't happen before z+1.  I'll see if I can't provide backport
packages to Xenial and Trusty.

** Affects: sane-backends (Ubuntu)

** Description changed:

  It's high time that Ubuntu went back to syncing from unstable after
  veering off into Debian experimental space which the Debian Maintainer
- has expressly condemned several times in this tracker.
+ has expressly condemned several times in this tracker.  Unfortunately,
+ that won't happen before z+1.  I'll see if I can't provide backport
+ packages to Xenial and Trusty.

Packages, which is subscribed to sane-backends in Ubuntu.

  sane-backends should go back to syncing with unstable

Status in sane-backends package in Ubuntu: