I can confirm this. My system is Ubuntu 16.04.1.

I have installed libreoffice via

sudo snap install libreoffice

and I have no icons.

  Menu icons missing on snap package install

Status in libreoffice package in Ubuntu:

  1. Ubuntu 16.04.1

  2. Snappy Stable

  3. On a clean install of Ubuntu 16.04.1, fully updated. After apt
  purging libreoffice, and snap installing libreoffice, I expected to
  have menu items with icons for each package within libreoffice.

  4. I got menu items, which work, but have the generic application icon
  used when no application icon is specified (purple diamond with
  gears).