** Branch linked: lp:~3v1n0/libappindicator/incons-paths-on-snap-xenial

Packages, which is subscribed to sni-qt in Ubuntu.

  App indicator does not show icon for Qt apps or with custom icons

Status in Qt:
  In Progress
Status in Snappy:
  New
Status in appmenu-qt5 package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in libappindicator package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in qtbase-opensource-src package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress
Status in snapd package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress
Status in sni-qt package in Ubuntu:

  Snaps that use the app indicator area via Qt can't display their icon
  there.

  Steps to reproduce and screenshot:
  https://github.com/nuttyartist/notes/pull/77

  Some research:

  - Uses http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qsystemtrayicon.html
  - The indicator icon is created under /tmp under a randomly generated
directory name

  didrocks mentions also:

  1. The application says "this is my menu, and here is my icon at that
address", the address being /tmp/blablabla
  2. appindicator receives the bus messages
  3. and says "let's have a look at this icon at that address"
  4. BUT! /tmp in the snap is different form system /tmp