Public bug reported:

I'm running Elementary Desktop inside LXC inside Ubuntu Server and the
mouse cursor is flickering, mainly when the mouse is not moving.

It is interesting that on blank desktop, it is fine. But when I open for
example slingshot, onboard or when I hover over plank, it starts.

Sometimes the cursor is leaving corrupted (sometimes white) rectangles,
they fix itself after some time. Tried updating the kernel from stock
xenial kernel to latest intel-drm-next, didn't help. Tried updating xorg
packages (both in the host and guest) to xorg-edgers ppa, too without
any help.

The only think that improved it a little bit was adding
LinearFramebuffer True to xorg.conf.

On the host (outside any LXC containers) I run only Kodi, which I think
uses some custom cursor and ignores the Xorg one, so there is no
flicker.

I attached Xorg.0.log, but I don't think it is of any help.

** Affects: xserver-xorg-video-intel (Ubuntu)

** Attachment added: "Xorg.0.log"
   https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1663653/+attachment/4816621/+files/Xorg.0.log

Packages, which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-intel in Ubuntu.

  Mouse cursor flickering on Braswell (Cherryview)

Status in xserver-xorg-video-intel package in Ubuntu: