I've hacked qtmir to print the subpixel hint that Mir is supplying.

http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/24007971/ is my output. First I run a simple
qml demo shell as nested server under USC, get "0" hint.

Then I run again as host server, get a hint "1 = RGB".

The "Subpixel hint" output of the 2 cases do not match for me, hence the
complaint.

Packages, which is subscribed to xorg-server in Ubuntu.

  Subpixel order not included in Mir display information

Status in Mir:
  In Progress
Status in QtMir:
  Triaged
Status in qtubuntu:
  Triaged
Status in mir package in Ubuntu:
  Triaged
Status in xorg-server package in Ubuntu:

  Just capturing something mentioned by Trevinho on IRC this morning.
  MirDisplayOutput does not include subpixel ordering, it could and
  should though. The information is exposed on the drm side
  (drmModeSubPixel). Marking as wishlist in absence of other
  information.