Robert, do you reckon you could look at this?

If it's possible (e.g. with build-dep versions) and acceptable to the
SRU team then I would be quite happy with moving to 0.6.8 in yakkety as
there are loads of random fixes - it's quite a fast moving project. The
problem is that there are new features too and not all the fixes come
with LP bug reports of course. But see linked bug report on github -
it's a fair point that providing QA on random release + patches is not
that fun a task for an upstream to do.

** Changed in: appstream-glib (Ubuntu)
     Assignee: Canonical Desktop Team (canonical-desktop-team) => Robert Ancell
(robert-ancell)

Packages, which is subscribed to appstream-glib in Ubuntu.

  fwupd consuming very high cpu after startup/login

Status in appstream-glib package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in fwupd package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  I believe this may be a regression (relapse of Bug #1591868 ).  I
  upgraded to yakkety the other day without major incident and have all
  "updates" checked in the Software and Sources GUI. But after booting
  and logging in just now, I see fwupd consuming two full cores without
  letup.

  In kern.log I see this line:

  fwupd[6242]: Failed to coldplug: UEFI firmware updating not supported

  Package: fwupd 0.7.2-0ubuntu1
  CurrentDesktop: Unity
  Date: Wed Oct 26 19:49:20 2016
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 16.04 LTS "Xenial Xerus" - Release amd64
(20160420.1)
  SourcePackage: fwupd
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to yakkety on 2016-10-25 (1 days ago)