Public bug reported:

Libreoffice
Version: 4.2.8.2
Build ID: 420m0(Build:2)

I am running Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS with all the latest updates. I have a
number of Libreoffice presentation documents (.odp) with equations in
them. I have used and edited these documents for the last year without
any problem. Today, every time I double click on an equation and go to
edit it, upon leaving equation mode the equation becomes invisible. I
don't even have to modify the equation for this to happen and the
equations are invisible in both editing and full-screen presentation
mode. If I save my document, restart my machine and reopen my document,
the equations are still invisible. The equation objects are there - I
can select the region with the equation and even open up the math editor
to see that the equation code is definitely present, but I have found no
way to make them appear outside of the math editor.

I am attaching a number of screenshots and a test document demonstrating
the problem.

** Affects: libreoffice (Ubuntu)

** Attachment added: "test presentation document that has the problem on my
machine"
   https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1669242/+attachment/4829498/+files/test.odp

** Attachment removed: "test presentation document that has the problem on my
machine"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libreoffice/+bug/1669242/+attachment/4829498/+files/test.odp

  libreoffice equations disappear upon editing in impress

Status in libreoffice package in Ubuntu: