Yes it does actually, thanks for letting me know. You can close this as
a duplicate then. Thanks!

   Screen flickering

Packages, which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-intel in Ubuntu.

  Screen flickering/tearing on Ubuntu 16.10 64-bit on kernel version
  4.8.0-26-generic

Status in xserver-xorg-video-intel package in Ubuntu:

  After upgrading to Ubuntu 16.10 and booting with kernel version
  4.8.0-26-generic, I can see screen flickering/tearing. If I boot up
  using previous kernel version 4.4.0, then this issues do not appear.
  This is an Intel GPU laptop with an nvidia graphics card. I would be
  glad to provide more debug information if needed.