Status changed to 'Confirmed' because the bug affects multiple users.

** Changed in: nvidia-graphics-drivers-375 (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to nvidia-graphics-drivers-367 in Ubuntu.

  nvidia 375.39 package makes weird screen appearance on resume

Status in nvidia-graphics-drivers-367 package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in nvidia-graphics-drivers-375 package in Ubuntu:

  I recently received new proprietary nvidia driver package (nvidia 375.39) and
my computer screen makes very weird apparance, rainbow-like frame around
windows upon resume.
  It is very difficult to explain that situation, additional lines on all
window borders and makes window buttons in upper window frame very invisible,
attached in this bug report.

  I am using NVIDIA GeForce 560 Ti graphics card and I had not met such
experience before.
  My system is Ubuntu 16.04 (Xenial) with all latest patches applied.

  Here's summary of my graphics environment:

  lspci | grep VGA
  01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GF114 [GeForce GTX 560
Ti] (rev a1)

  sudo lshw -C video
    *-display
         product: GF114 [GeForce GTX 560 Ti]
         vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
         physical id: 0
         bus info: pci@0000:01:00.0
         version: a1
         width: 64 bits
         clock: 33MHz
         capabilities: pm msi pciexpress vga_controller bus_master cap_list rom
         configuration: driver=nvidia latency=0
         resources: irq:32 memory:f8000000-f9ffffff memory:d0000000-d7ffffff
memory:dc000000-dfffffff ioport:af00(size=128) memory:fa000000-fa07ffff

  I temporarily reverted my driver to older 340.102 proprietary and it
  is no problem for sleep / resume.