Public bug reported:

Hi.

Yesterday I installed Ubuntu MATE 16.10 alongside Windows 10 in my ASUS
K541U laptop.

Some hours ago I found that the internal microphone was not working.

Since this laptop don't have specific connectir for external microphone
I really want it to work.

In pavucontrol -> Input Devices, appears a "Micropohone" port called
"Intern Stereo Analogic Audio". When I make noise it doesn't appear as
being listened (the bar with the level of current audio beeing captured
does not move at all).

However, in alsamixer, if I press F4 to see only input devices, it sais
"alsamixer this sound device does not have any controls".

I'm kind of newbie and I don't really know what to do.

Thank you all i advance.

** Affects: alsa-driver (Ubuntu)

** Tags: alsamixer asus microphone

Packages, which is subscribed to alsa-driver in Ubuntu.

  Internal microphone not being recognized on ASUS Laptop with Ubuntu
  16.10

Status in alsa-driver package in Ubuntu: