Public bug reported:

I am filing this against Thunderbird, even though it also concerns
another package (GNOME Software).

Essentially, using a freshly installed Ubuntu GNOME 17.04, Thunderbird
is not available in GNOME Software (the default software app for this
flavour). You cannot find it via search or the packages browser.

The only way to install it is via apt-get and even then it doesn't show
in Software (see attached picture).

** Affects: thunderbird (Ubuntu)

** Attachment added: "Screenshot from 2017-04-13 16-32-48.png"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1682455/+attachment/4861313/+files/Screenshot%20from%202017-04-13%2016-32-48.png

** Description changed:

- I am filing this against Thunderbird, even though it concerns another
- package (Gnome Software).
+ I am filing this against Thunderbird, even though it also concerns
+ another package (GNOME Software).

  Essentially, using a freshly installed Ubuntu GNOME 17.04, Thunderbird
  is not available in GNOME Software. You cannot find it via search or the
  packages browser.

  The only way to install it is via apt-get and even then it doesn't show
  in Software (see attached picture).

** Description changed:

  I am filing this against Thunderbird, even though it also concerns
  another package (GNOME Software).

  Essentially, using a freshly installed Ubuntu GNOME 17.04, Thunderbird
- is not available in GNOME Software. You cannot find it via search or the
- packages browser.
+ is not available in GNOME Software (the default software app for this
+ flavour). You cannot find it via search or the packages browser.

  The only way to install it is via apt-get and even then it doesn't show
  in Software (see attached picture).

Packages, which is subscribed to thunderbird in Ubuntu.

  thunderbird not available in GNOME Software

Status in thunderbird package in Ubuntu: