** Attachment added: "debug output 02"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/rhythmbox/+bug/887867/+attachment/2594442/+files/rhythmbox-debug-02.txt

Packages, which is subscribed to rhythmbox in Ubuntu.

  Library monitoring not working, rescan shows nonexistent files and
  folders, no more "missing files"

Status in “rhythmbox” package in Ubuntu:

  $ apt-cache policy rhythmbox
  rhythmbox:
    Installed: 2.90.1~20110908-0ubuntu1
    Candidate: 2.90.1~20110908-0ubuntu1
    Version table:
   *** 2.90.1~20110908-0ubuntu1 0
          500 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ oneiric/main i386 Packages
          100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

  Using Ubuntu 11.10 (32 bit), and using Rhythmbox 2.90.1, I set my
  preferences to watch for changes in the library folder.

  Then I make changes within a given subfolder and/or to the subfolder
  itself, for example, renaming via Nautilus, Soundconverter, or
  Cowbell, or a combination thereof.

  The next time I launch Rhythmbox, it shows nonexistent files in the
  library. For example, where there is only one file, there are two
  other copies still shown; one copy is the way the file/folder/both was
  previously named, and the other copy is in a non-existent folder way
  outside of the library, with a peculiar name,
  "/home/dg/(null)/filename" (if the "null" folder exists, I cannot
  locate it).

  In the attached screenshot, the file circled in red is the only file
  actually present.

  This did not happen to me in previous versions of Rhythmbox, at least,
  not that I am aware of. I'm not sure it was even occurring during the
  week or two I had done a dist-upgrade from the ~64 bit~ version of
  Natty to the Oneiric RC (and thus the GTK+3 version of Rhythmbox)
  before doing a clean install of the 32 bit version of the Oneiric
  final release.

  Unticking and reticking the watch for changes in library option
  combined with restarting Rhythmbox and rebooting the computer has no
  effect.

  Manually right-clicking on a file in the library view in Rhythmbox,
  and selecting "move to trash" has no effect other than to place a red
  error icon on the row of the file in question. Only selecting "remove"
  in the right-click context menu actually removes it.

  *********

  This time around, after the fresh install of Ubuntu 11.10, and
  installing Rhythmbox, and uninstalling Banshee, the only thing I did
  before setting my library folder was to manually copy and paste some
  iradio entries into the ~/.local/share/rhythmbox/rhythmbox.db xml
  database file before it got cluttered with thousands of non-iradio
  entries (songs).

  The "missing files" function in the library UI was briefly working
  today, as was the "import errors" function, now no files show up as
  missing, even though they are actually missing. I don't know what
  changed to cause the different behavior.

  *********

  Oddly, this bug seems like it may have cured a separate, longstanding
  bug I've had with Rhythmbox: usually when I restarted Rhythmbox in the
  past, a restart took two attempts, the first attempt resulting in a
  crash and the second attempt actually restarting Rhythmbox. So far
  this does not seem to be happening, but if it resumes I will note it
  here.