It does; in fact, the login screen is pretty much all black. So does
Payday 2 (loading/credits screens are black apart from the text) and
probably other games I haven't checked.

Packages, which is subscribed to mesa in Ubuntu.

  Missing libgles1 in Ubuntu 17.04 repos triggers issues with some games

Status in mesa package in Ubuntu:
  Won't Fix

Bug description:
  I've just upgraded Ubuntu from 16.10 to 17.04. Afterwards, I noticed
graphical issues in some games, that render partially black. E.g.:
  - menu of Payday 2:
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/156906385546364727/C1182DAE4DA1A6CB6386666A2D42FA33541629F2/
  - menu of Faeria:
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/156906385546272628/52E8E6F366A54299597774C22D78771EA0F074ED/

  I've traced the issue to a missing lib, libgles1, which for some
  reason has been removed from the 17.04 repos, as using Oibaf's PPA and
  manually installing the lib from it fixes the issues on these games.

  So, please build a version for Mesa 17.0.3 and put it in the repos,
  it's needed by some games.