Note that version 1.6.1 is from February 2017, nevertheless, package
still needs software upgrade.

Packages, which is subscribed to enchant in Ubuntu.

  Hunspell is not used via libhunspell

Status in enchant package in Ubuntu:

  Hunspell is not used when myspell is not install, enchant falls back
  to inferior aspell.

  I have installed on Ubuntu (Natty) the following packages:
  libenchant1c2a                        1.6.0-1
  aspell                                0.60.6-4ubuntu1
  hunspell                              1.2.11-1ubuntu1
  and a series of dictionaries but no package with the myspell executable.

  When using e.g. gedit that uses enchant, enchant will use aspell instead of
  hunspell. I have verified this by running both hunspell and aspell manually on
  the same document. The false positives that I see in gedit are indeed from
  aspell.

  I did not use a custom .enchant file, just the normal installation that would
  use:
    *:myspell,aspell,ispell
  So I would expect hunspell and not aspell.

  How can this be solved without having to install myspell executable?

  I consider this a major bug because many many users might expect that they are
  using a very recent and acurate spell check from hunspell but are actually
  thrown back to inferior checking with aspell.

  Can enchant bugs be linked to upstream bugzilla bugs in
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/bugtrackers/abi-bugs ?