Just some further feedback on the random freezes. Since forcing uxa not
a single system freeze.

Packages, which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-intel in Ubuntu.

  SNA enabled causes random system freezes

Status in xserver-xorg-video-intel package in Ubuntu:

  Since clean installing 16.04 (also 16.04.1 and 16.04.2) my Samsung
  laptop has been freezing randomly. These are total system hangs. It is
  not possible to use the REISUB method to safely shutdown so I've been
  forced to have a hard power off. On two occasions this caused my file
  system to be corrupted and fsck wasn't able to fix the corruption,
  forcing a reinstall.

  At first I thought it was the Bay Fail bug affecting me so I tried the
  intel_indle.cstate=1 method but it did not fix the problem. My CPU
  isn't listed as being affected by that bug (Intel Core i3-3110).

  So far all that seems to stop it is adding the following to
/usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/20-intel.conf
  Section "Device"
  Identifier "Card0"
  Driver "Intel"
  Option "AccelMethod" "uxa"
  EndSection

  Warning: if you are one of those semi-autistic trolls that have
  infected the kernel forum DO NOT bother participating in my bug
  report. I have had enough of being flamed when all I am trying to do
  is find answers.

  Package: xserver-xorg-video-intel 2:2.99.917+git20160325-1ubuntu1.2
  ApportVersion: 2.20.1-0ubuntu2.5
  Architecture: amd64
  Date: Fri Apr 28 11:57:00 2017
  EcryptfsInUse: Yes
  InstallationMedia: Xubuntu 16.04.2 LTS "Xenial Xerus" - Release amd64
(20170215)
  SourcePackage: xserver-xorg-video-intel