** Changed in: pulseaudio (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to pulseaudio in Ubuntu.

  Enable support for libsoxr

Status in pulseaudio package in Ubuntu:

  I'd like to ask to enable support for libsoxr-based resamplers in the
official Ubuntu packages for pulseaudio. The upstream already supports libsoxr
and automatically detects its availability, so the only change really needed is
to add the build dependency to debian/control.

  The resamplers based in libsoxr offer better quality and better performace
while introducing more delay compared to the speex resamplers that are used by
default. The resamplers are documented in the man pages of pulseaudio in Ubuntu
16.04 but unfortunately are not enabled at build time ('pulseaudio
--dump-resample-methods' doesn't list them). I've built local packages with
libsoxr and verified that the resampler works as expected.