Is there any more information specifically that we should provide that
would help to point out the root cause of this problem?

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-keyring in Ubuntu.

  gnome-keyring fails to store and serve passwords

Status in gnome-keyring package in Ubuntu:

  I was affected by this problem about 1 month ago. From user
  perspective, password stored in gnome-keyring stopped working for me.

  My observations were following
  - owncloud client started to complain that kdewalletd binary is missing
(althrough I'm using gnome)
  - calendar started to ask me for passwords (shared as remote ICS files) every
time.

  Not sure if connected, but I also observed, that in seahorse, there is
  no possibility to add password (only ssh / gpg keys and certificates).

  I found several logs in my /var/log/syslog, that looks like related to this
problem:
  10632:Jun 11 13:18:29 docent org.gnome.Calendar[5978]: (gnome-calendar:6885):
e-data-server-ui-WARNING **: credentials_prompter_store_credentials_cb: Failed
to store source credentials: Błąd podczas wywoływania metody StartServiceByName
dla org.freedesktop.secrets: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.TimedOut:
Failed to activate service 'org.freedesktop.secrets': timed out

  Second related log:
  11011:Jun 11 13:32:16 docent org.gnome.Calendar[8510]: (gnome-calendar:9108):
e-data-server-ui-WARNING **: credentials_prompter_store_credentials_cb: Failed
to store source credentials: Błąd podczas wywoływania metody StartServiceByName
dla org.freedesktop.secrets: Przekroczono czas oczekiwania

  "Błąd podczas wywoływania metody => It means: Problem during execution of
method".
  "Przekroczono czas oczekiwania" => Timeout

  I tried to reinstall gnome-keyring, and dependencies, but without
  luck.