Is this fixed now?

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-software in Ubuntu.

  Ubuntu Software shows irrelevant snaps first in search results

Status in gnome-software package in Ubuntu:

  Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS
  gnome-software 3.20.1+git20161013.0.d77d6cf-0ubuntu2~xenial1

  When searching in Ubuntu Software for typical terms such as "Word
  Processor" or "World Clock", various snaps appear at the top of the
  list that have no relevance to the search. Then scrolling down to the
  bottom one can see actual relevant results.

  For example, searching for "World Clock" brings up ubuntu-social-kit
  as the first result, followed by minetest-luk3yx and dwarf-fortress.
  Scrolling down a few pages brings up ubuntu-clock-app but it is
  followed by kgeography.

  All the snap results seem to be at the top of the list which I would
  consider a bug in itself. Once I scroll far enough down to get past
  all the irrelevant / badly categorised snaps, *including "hello-snap-
  test"*, there are then more normal search results such as "Clocks" and
  "twclock".

  This seems to be a pretty major issue because it makes it look as
  though there is no useful software available. Clearly "hello-snap-
  test" should not be higher up the list than "Clocks" when searching
  for a clock program.