Thank you Jonathan Seawright.

I have Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS, and your suggestion worked for me.

Packages, which is subscribed to dia in Ubuntu.

  Dia export to Cairo PNG causes mangled text fonts

Status in dia package in Ubuntu:

  Binary package hint: dia

  Release:        9.10

  dia 0.97-2
  dia-common 0.97-2
  dia-libs 0.97-2
  libcairo2 1.8.8-2ubuntu1
  libfreetype6 2.3.9-5
  libpango1.0-0 1.26.0-1
  libpango1.0-common 1.26.0-1

  Method to demonstrate: load the file "text.dia" then export to PNG using
Cairo and export to PNG using Pixbuf -- the character layout has a strange gap
in the Cairo output. Note that output PNG files are also attached to this bug
report, and this problem happens with various other more complex dia outputs as
well as this simple example.