Public bug reported:

Since I upgraded from Ubuntu 16 to Ubuntu 17, evolution has stopped
working when sending HTML messages with inline images, copy/paste an
image inside the body not as attachment. Previous to the update, the
images were sent and received inside the HTML body and displayed
correctly in the email content. Since I upgraded, the images are
received as attachments and they aren't displayed inside the HTML
message content.

The problem seems to be on the HTML sent, because I've tested to receive
the messages in different email clients (Evolution and Outlook) and all
of them receives the email images in the same way, as attachments, not
inside the HTML content.

Ubuntu release: 17.04
Evolution version: 3.22.6-1ubuntu1

** Affects: evolution (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to evolution in Ubuntu.

  Evolution: send inline images as attachments

Status in evolution package in Ubuntu: