I've made some simple UI changes in the following branch forked from
ubuntu-master, based on Robert's patch:

https://code.launchpad.net/~jamesh/gnome-software/+git/gnome-
software/+ref/classic-snap-install

This adds a warning message at the top of the details list when viewing
an snap that is not using strict confinement.  If we get the text of
this right, then this could be enough.  Currently it reads:

    This third party package is not sandboxed.  It will have access to
your documents.

Thinking about it, this warning is equally valid for strictly confined
snaps that connect to the home interface.  I don't think there is a way
to identify such apps based on the metadata returned by "find" API
requests though.

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-software in Ubuntu.

  Classic confined snaps don't install

Status in gnome-software package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  [Impact]
  Apps that use classic confinement show up in search results but don't install.

  [Test Case]
  1. Open GNOME Software
  2. Search for a classic snap, e.g. "atom"
  3. Install snap

  Expected result:
  Either:
  a) Snap is installed
  b) Snap is not installed and error given
  c) Snap is installed but user needs to provide some sort of confirmation
since it is not confined.

  Observed result:
  Snap is not installed, no error given.