** Changed in: unity-2d (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to unity-2d in Ubuntu.

  Cannot stop launcher hiding when maximising a window

Status in unity-2d:
  Fix Released
Status in unity-2d package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  Using Unity-2d in Oneiric, I was told that the following command would
  stop the launcher hiding when I maximise a window

          dconf write /com/canonical/unity-2d/launcher/use-strut true

  When running the command as my normal user, I get the error:

  File "/usr/bin/dconf", line 481, in <module>
    main()
  File "/usr/bin/dconf", line 364, in main
    os.chmod(cf.logdir, 0700)
  OSError: [Errno 1] Operation not permitted: '/var/log/dconf'

  Running it as the superuser succeeds, but obviously has no effect on
  my user's desktop settings.