[Expired for pulseaudio (Ubuntu) because there has been no activity for
60 days.]

** Changed in: pulseaudio (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to pulseaudio in Ubuntu.

  Pulseaudio crashes when an application is setting the input volume

Status in pulseaudio package in Ubuntu:
  Expired

Bug description:
  Pulseaudio often crashes when using software like GTalk or Skype, simple
playback works fine though.
  The interval between the crashes is random, from a couple of minutes to half
an hour usually.

  My guess is that the problem is related to the fact that these applications
change the input volume while talking.
  I've been able to reproduce the problem at will by performing a lot of "set
source volume" requests to pulseaudio using:

  while true; do pactl set-source-volume 2 $((RANDOM % 80000)); done

  the crash happens after few seconds.
  Attached is the log of produced by running:

  pulseaudio -k; sleep 0.5; pulseaudio -vvvvv 2>&1 | tee
  pulseaudio_output

  The crash also occurs when running pulseaudio with "--no-cpu-limit" as
  option.

  I'm using Ubuntu 12.04 amd64 with all the updates installed, but I've
  got this problem since 11.10.

  Other infos:

  $ uname -a
  Linux ghost 3.2.0-24-generic #37-Ubuntu SMP Wed Apr 25 08:43:22 UTC 2012
x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

  $ apt-cache policy pulseaudio
  pulseaudio:
    Installed: 1:1.1-0ubuntu15