More system information:

lspci -vn gives:

05:00.0 0280: 8086:24f3 (rev 3a)
        Subsystem: 8086:1010
        Memory at df100000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=8K]
        Capabilities: [c8] Power Management version 3
        Capabilities: [d0] MSI: Enable+ Count=1/1 Maskable- 64bit+
        Capabilities: [40] Express Endpoint, MSI 00
        Capabilities: [100] Advanced Error Reporting
        Capabilities: [140] Device Serial Number e4-a7-a0-ff-ff-a3-07-c8
        Capabilities: [14c] Latency Tolerance Reporting
        Capabilities: [154] L1 PM Substates
        Kernel driver in use: iwlwifi
        Kernel modules: iwlwifi

Also attached wpa_supplicant log (although I set the log level to debug too
late for this time).
Notice that wpa_supplicant stops doing group rekeying about 15 minutes before
the network disconnected (around 11:25), and all the messages from 13:57 and on
are from the 2 reconnection attempts. It seems there was no automatic attempt
at reconnection that reached wpa_supplicant.

** Attachment added: "wpa_supplicant log"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/network-manager/+bug/1703838/+attachment/4913485/+files/wpa_sup%20failure%20to%20reconnect2

  Failure to automatically reconnect after drop - requiring manual
  reconnect, only successful after second try

Status in network-manager package in Ubuntu:

  Using Ubuntu 17.04 (64 bit)
  Package version 1.4.4-1ubuntu3.1

  This happened to me 3 times today:

  The connection drops and is not automatically restored, even though
  the network is visible in the nm-applet.

  Manually clicking on the network to connect, results in an animation
  of the nm-applet showing it's trying, but it gives up after a while
  and changes the icon to up\down arrows instead of the wifi sign.

  Clicking on it again, and selecting my network again, results in an
  almost instant reconnection, which implies that the computer should
  have known to do it automatically instead of requiring me to tell it
  to connect again (let alone twice).

  Here is the journal from a system startup:

  https://pastebin.com/hGrFEWiU

  And here is the journal from one such unsuccessful reconnect.
  I've added (*** comments ***) to mark where I've manually tried to reconnect
(twice, second time successfully):

  https://pastebin.com/TAyt6McQ