Public bug reported:

I thought the bug fixes in https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source
/cups-filters/+bug/1579905?comments=all and https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-
bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=832637 could have fixed the shutdown hang problem
due to CUPS. But people on Stackexchange
(https://askubuntu.com/questions/760952/slow-shutdown-on-ubuntu-16-04
-lts-stopping-thermal-daemon-running-fit-make-
remo/896655?noredirect=1#comment1468203_896655) was still reporting the
same issue. I don't know what's the problem and this issue doesn't occur
on me, but I'd like to make a report here and guide people on
Stackexchange who has this issue to report on what they have seen.

Hopefully, this shutdown hanging issue will be completely fixed soon!

Thanks!
Qi

** Affects: cups-filters (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to cups-filters in Ubuntu.

  Shutdown hanging due to cups service

Status in cups-filters package in Ubuntu: