** Changed in: nautilus

  No way to disable trash in nautilus

Status in Nautilus:
  Won't Fix
Status in nautilus package in Ubuntu:

  This is a similar 'bug' to #12893 but what I think there should be is
  a check-box in the nautilus configuration that just says 'Disable the
  trash and delete files immediately'

  I realize you can shift delete, but there should be a way to just
  disable the trash all together. You can do this in both windows and
  OSX so there is no reason it shouldn't be possible in Linux.

  I believe the ideal situation would be the nautilus configuration as
  it is now with two additional check-boxes:

  1. Disable the trash and delete files immediately.
  2. Disable the trash for removable media and delete files immediately.

  Option two check-box would get greyed out when option 1 was checked.