** Changed in: metacity (Ubuntu)
       Status: Confirmed => Invalid

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to metacity in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/802747

Title:
  window redraw glitches caused by ubuntu patch

Status in metacity package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  There are several metacity bugs related to glitches / artefacts. I'm
  not sure if this is a duplicate or not, but I  have some more
  information.

  Using the ubuntu's patch to metacity "16-capture-before-unmap.patch" causes 
the glitches to appear.
  I reported it in the patch's original bug that tracks its development: 
https://bugs.launchpad.net/unity-2d/+bug/696864

  To reproduce one of the problems related to border redraw (copied from
  the bug report above):

  Using the Human theme, go to a clean desktop and open several
  terminals. they will tile. Now hold alt-tab to quickly change the
  focus between them. The focus rectangle will move between the windows,
  and when it will disappear, the edges of the window decoration will be
  removed, and not redrawn.

  I have a feeling this is a cause for many glitches in metacity related
  to window redraw. Since I can't consistently reproduce all of those
  glitches, I have no way to be sure, but removing 16-capture-before-
  unmap.patch from metacity *does* make the ones I noticed go away.

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/metacity/+bug/802747/+subscriptions

-- 
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to     : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Reply via email to