Hello! Thank you for preparing and uploading the fix for our stable releases.
For us to be able to properly review your SRU we would need some more
information included in this bug. Please update the bug description to include
the SRU template as found here:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StableReleaseUpdates#SRU_Bug_Template

We need to know what impact this bug has (how much the fixes better the
current situation?), a reliable test case and a quick analysis of
possible regression scenarios after the fix has been applied (looking at
the changes and thinking: what could possibly go wrong in the worst
scenario?).

Thank you!

Packages, which is subscribed to gtk+2.0 in Ubuntu.

  Please backport two recent-manager patches

Status in GTK+:
  Fix Released
Status in gtk+2.0 package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in gtk+2.0 source package in Xenial:
  In Progress
Status in gtk+2.0 source package in Yakkety:
  Won't Fix
Status in gtk+2.0 source package in Zesty:
  In Progress
Status in gtk+2.0 source package in Artful:

https://git.gnome.org/browse/gtk+/commit/?h=gtk-2-24&id=a3b2d6a65be9f592de9570c227df00f910167e9e

https://git.gnome.org/browse/gtk+/commit/?h=gtk-2-24&id=35871edb318083b2d7e4758cbdaad6109eed60ca

  Please apply/backport these two patches from the 2.24 branch. They fix a
memory DOS, originally reported against mate-panel here:
  https://github.com/mate-desktop/mate-panel/issues/479

  For the GTK3 version of this bug, see bug 1641914
  Note that MATE is GTK2 only for Ubuntu 16.04 LTS.