sounds a bit similar to bug 991471 which I have not gotten my head
around yet

Packages, which is subscribed to udisks2 in Ubuntu.

  identifying a partitition in fstab by PARTLABEL creates a second
  shortcut for the partition, for it's file system label

Status in udisks2 package in Ubuntu:

  $ lsb_release -rd
  Release:      16.04

  Short story:
  When a partition has both a partition label and a filesystem label, and is
identified in /etc/fstab by PARTLABEL= , both file manager's side pane (thunar
on Xubuntu) and the desktop (with the setting 'icons/default icons/Removable
Devices/Disk and Drives') show two shortcuts for the partition: one for the
/etc/fstab entry, named as the last pathname component of the mount point in
/etc/fstab, and a self-generated second shortcut, named after the filesystem
label. By some seemingly random process either of both shortcuts is mounted at
some point, preventing the other one to be mounted, EVEN when that one is
marked as automount in /etc/fstab. If the mounted shortcut is /etc/fstab's
PARTLABEL= entry, it is mounted to the provided /etc/fstab mount point. If the
mounted shortcut is that for the filesystem label, it is mounted to a temporary
directory under /media/myusername/. In either case, the other shortcut can't be
mounted then.

  This behaviour makes it unpredictable through which path a partition
  can be reached. The problem is not present for partitions without a
  filesystem label, even if they are identified in /etc/fstab by
  PARTLABEL= .

  As a workaround I reverted back to identifying the partitions in
  /etc/fstab by UUID=, which if I am right, is a filesystem feature.
  Identified as such, the destop and the file manager side bar show one
  shortcut only, named after the file system label, and mounting it to
  the /etc/fstab mount point.

  I read somewhere that the option to identify partitions by PARTLABEL=
  and PARTUUID= is a more recent addition to fstab-syntax, so my first
  guess is that the auto-mounting system isn't yet aware of these; it
  seems to collect and identify partitions by the uuid or label of the
  filesystem on each partition, and when comparing that to the
  /etc/fstab entries, it does not recognize them as being the same
  partition that is identified in /etc/fstab by it's uuid or label from
  the partition table.

  Long story:
  After using and learning linux (Xubuntu) for half a year, I decided to do the
right thing and stop identifying partitions to be mounted by block special
device node (/dev/sda1 to /dev/sdb4 for my setup), but by a persistent name. So
I set out to change /etc/fstab to identify the partitions to mount by UUID=,
and that went well and I felt safe. Only problem was that a week later, I had
no clue which UUID is which partition, which made me uncomfortably uncertain.

  So I used 'parted' to name all my partitions with a meaningfull
  partition label, similar but not identical to the filesystem label
  that I had named them to with 'e2label', 'fatlabel' and 'ntfslabel'. I
  also changed /etc/fstab to reflect that, now identifying my partitions
  using the PARTLABEL= . I choose PARTLABEL= instead of LABEL=, because
  it requires more skill and privileges to change a partition label than
  to change a filesystem label, so it is 'more persistent'.

  From then on, the automatic mounting behaviour became erratic. The
  desktop and the side pane of the file manager now showed 2 shortcuts
  for each partition: one named like the filesystem label, another named
  like the last path component of the mount point in /etc/fstab. When
  mounting the partition is triggered,by clicking one of both shortcuts
  in on desktop or in filemanager, or by some other process, and even
  with automount in /etc/fstab, one of the shortcuts is used for
  mounting the partition, preventing the other one to be mounted as well
  later.

  By this behaviour the same partition could be accessed at either but
  not both mount points. Either the mount point provided in /etc/fstab/,
  which is accessible in file manager under an entry named after the
  last path component of that mount point, which is linked to the full
  mount path. Either a temporary mount point which 'the system' creates
  in my user's /media/myusername/ directory, which is accessible in file
  manager under the name of the filesystem label, which again is linked
  to the full mount path.

  Because I find it a bit creepy to edit /etc/fstab, I did not go on to
  try identifying the partitions by LABEL= or by PARTUUID= . My guess is
  that PARTUUID= would exhibit the same problem, and LABEL= not.

  Package: udisks2 2.1.7-1ubuntu1
  ApportVersion: 2.20.1-0ubuntu2.2
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: XFCE
  CustomUdevRuleFiles: 56-hpmud.rules 60-vboxdrv.rules
  Date: Mon Dec 12 17:35:41 2016
  InstallationMedia: Xubuntu 15.10 "Wily Werewolf" - Release amd64 (20151021)
  MachineType: MSI MS-7971
  ProcKernelCmdLine: BOOT_IMAGE=/boot/vmlinuz-4.4.0-53-generic.efi.signed
root=UUID=88e332dc-deb9-4c9c-9dfc-e0afe7ad45bd ro quiet splash vt.handoff=7
  SourcePackage: udisks2
  Symptom: storage
  Title: Internal hard disk partition cannot be mounted manually
  dmi.bios.date: 01/25/2016
  dmi.bios.vendor: American Megatrends Inc.
  dmi.bios.version: B.50
  dmi.board.asset.tag: Default string
  dmi.board.name: H170A PC MATE (MS-7971)
  dmi.board.vendor: MSI
  dmi.board.version: 2.0
  dmi.chassis.asset.tag: Default string
  dmi.chassis.type: 3
  dmi.chassis.vendor: MSI
  dmi.chassis.version: 2.0
  dmi.modalias:
dmi:bvnAmericanMegatrendsInc.:bvrB.50:bd01/25/2016:svnMSI:pnMS-7971:pvr2.0:rvnMSI:rnH170APCMATE(MS-7971):rvr2.0:cvnMSI:ct3:cvr2.0:
  dmi.product.name: MS-7971
  dmi.product.version: 2.0
  dmi.sys.vendor: MSI