This bug was fixed in the package deja-dup - 35.3-0ubuntu1

---------------
deja-dup (35.3-0ubuntu1) artful; urgency=medium

  * New upstream release
    - Fixes handling of some unicode filenames
    - Fixes accuracy of checking whether some servers are reachable
      (LP: #982316)
    - Fix server password dialog giving an error if you waited a while
      before logging in (LP: #1197919)
    - Add About dialog (LP: #1703797)
    - Don't start an automatic backup on a metered connection
  * debian/control:
    - Bump Standards-Version to 4.0.0, no changes
    - Bump gtk/glib dependencies

 -- Michael Terry <mte...@ubuntu.com>  Fri, 04 Aug 2017 12:39:31 -0400

** Changed in: deja-dup (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to deja-dup in Ubuntu.

  deja-dup password request dialog causes timeout

Status in Déjà Dup:
  Fix Released
Status in deja-dup package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released

Bug description:
  I have configured deja-dup so that it backups daily to a SMB server
  share. This works fine when I'm at the computer. When I'm not there,
  the deja-dup password prompt for the SMB share pops up. Then, if I
  don't enter the password within a certain time, even with the correct
  password I get a DBus error message and the backup fails.

  deja-dup should prompt for the password and open the connection only
  after having received a password. Or it should automatically retry
  when it gets a timeout error without having to prompt again.

  Package: deja-dup 22.0-0ubuntu4
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.5.0-34.55~precise1-generic 3.5.7.13
  Uname: Linux 3.5.0-34-generic i686
  ApportVersion: 2.0.1-0ubuntu17.3
  Architecture: i386