Thanks Rico! I don't change those options though, seems like on a fresh
5.3.4.2-snap1 install the options are set correctly but on upgrade from
a previous version the options are not (I've got a fresh install on a
new laptop and an upgraded install from my old laptop so I can see this
is the case). Is there any way to do something to fix the bug for people
updating from previous releases? Can you somehow pass a variable just
for those updating to 5.3.4.2-snap1 so that the issue is fixed for them?
Is this even possible with snappy? Ideally we don't want people running
into this bug (I don't know how many got 5.3.4.2-snap1 by updating but
all those people are probably affected by this bug, though by now
they've probably all updated so I don't know if we can fix the bug for
them...)

  [Snap] Open/Save dialogue not easy-to-use

Status in libreoffice package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released

Bug description:
  In the Deb package, LibreOffice uses the Nautilus/Nautilus-style
  Open/Save/ dialogue with a clickable directory bar and all your
  bookmarks from Nautilus. In the Snap package, it has a text-based
  directory bar, doesn't use you Nautilus bookmarks and doesn't use the
  native theming.

  Maybe it would be hard to integrate the Snap version of LibreOffice
  properly but this is still a usability bug and needs to be fixed, even
  if this has to be fixed on Snapcraft's end rather than the LibreOffice
  Snap's end.