I updated to the Remmina PPA latest version and it works better. But
there are still strange cases where full-screen Remmina freezes my
control over Ubuntu. I experience mouse control but no keyboard control.
It seems like the 'grab keyboard' option gets stuck in some way. And I
can't close or disable Remmina in such cases. Possibly only with RDP
connections, I don't seem to see this bug with VNC connections.

Packages, which is subscribed to remmina in Ubuntu.

  full-screen mode in GNOME on 16.04, top menu unresponsive

Status in remmina package in Ubuntu:

  I switched my Ubuntu 16.04 (Unity) to GNOME recently, and I found that
  Remmina doesn't work correctly in this desktop environment. The top
  menu doesn't work properly, the thin grey line is there but the menu
  doesn't slide down on mouse-over.

  I notice mention of 'remmina-gnome' package. Is there something extra
  required to run Remmina on GNOME?