Hello Mats,

thanks for your output.

I was able to reproduce your bug  and will add reproduction steps based
on these lines of your log:

DUPLICITY: . gpg: unknown trust model `tofu+pgp'
DUPLICITY: . gpg: /home/lynx/.gnupg/gpg.conf:89: invalid option

This indicates, that this might be a problem with the backend duplicity,
so I will set this project as affected and forward to both upstreams.

Best

Vej

** Description changed:

  Attempting to create a full backup to a SMB NAS, succeeds if backup is
  set to unencrypted. Fails if password is specified.

  Symptom: deja-dup loops endlessly through "scanning" -> "encryption
  password needed" -> "require password?" and round and round.

  Possibly related to recent gnupg options changes? Creating a GPG key
  pair for enigmail to use was the last major change i made to my set-up
  since the last time these back-ups succeeded. If that's the cause, i'll
  be darned if i can work out what to revert where.

  Release:    Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS
  deja-dup    34.2-0ubuntu1.1
  duplicity   0.7.06-2ubuntu2
+
+ Reproduction Steps:
+
+ * Add the line "trust-model tofu+pgp" to the end of your gpg.conf (probably
~/.gnupg/gpg.conf)
+ * Try an encrypted backup of any data to any destination.

** Changed in: deja-dup (Ubuntu)

** Also affects: duplicity (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: duplicity (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: deja-dup (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: duplicity (Ubuntu)

** Also affects: duplicity

** Also affects: deja-dup

** Changed in: deja-dup

** Changed in: deja-dup

Packages, which is subscribed to deja-dup in Ubuntu.

  Backup does not recognize gpg 2 option and fails

Status in Déjà Dup:
  Triaged
Status in Duplicity:
  New