This bug was fixed in the package deja-dup - 35.4-0ubuntu3

---------------
deja-dup (35.4-0ubuntu3) artful; urgency=medium

  * debian/patches/allow-no-packagekit.patch:
    - Cherry-pick patch from upstream git that properly fixes our tests
      in autopkgtests where packagekit isn't installed.

 -- Michael Terry <mte...@ubuntu.com>  Sat, 19 Aug 2017 14:24:51 -0400

** Changed in: deja-dup (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to deja-dup in Ubuntu.

  "Restore" asks for cryptic authentication to run /bin/sh as superuser

Status in Déjà Dup:
  Fix Released
Status in deja-dup package in Ubuntu:

  I am trying to restore a full backup to an external hard drive.
  After 20 minutes or so, a cryptic gui popup arises which says that "some
process" wants sudo authentication to run /bin/sh

  It is surely a bug to generate such a vague request for sudo use.

  I note it has been this way since 2013
  (https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/deja-dup/+bug/1079553 which
  has been unaddressed, so the outcome of denying this request is still
  a great pain), but I am pointing out that this kind of permission
  request is itself a bug, if not a security risk because it teaches
  users to give that kind of permission to an unknown script.

  Package: deja-dup 34.2-0ubuntu3.1
  ApportVersion: 2.20.3-0ubuntu8.2
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: Unity